Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad

So, it is 12:23 am...officially Father's Day...I love my Dad so much, so I decided I would write 15 things about my awesome Dad.

1. You have NEVER seen a little girl more excited to see her grandpa then Ellie. She has him wrapped around her little finger.

2. When I am visiting, I anxiously await my Dad coming home because I know that Ellie will be busy playing with him until we it is time for us to go home.

3. When I was in college, my Dad would call me at least twice a week just to check on me...I always looked forward to that.

4. My Dad always coached the sport's teams I was on, he even coached Ben's hockey team...even though he has never played hockey.

5. My Dad is the most unselfish person you have ever met. He never wants or needs anything (it is very respectable, unless you are trying to buy him something, then it is just considered annoying).

6. My Dad was brave, and taught me how to drive a stick (I don't think he enjoyed it though).

7. My Dad has written me a couple of letters (like when I got married), I have saved them, and every time I read them, I get teary-eyed.

8. My Dad is the grill master...just ask Dan.

9. My Dad has given me many father's blessings. I am so grateful that I had a worthy priesthood holder in my family growing up.

10. I like to watch my dad play with Ellie. She adores him, and I know he adores her too.

11. It is all my Dad's fault that Ellie is so into potato bugs, he showed her where they were...he's an accomplice to the manslaughter of many, many potato bugs.

12. From the time Ellie was a baby, my dad would take her on walks. To this day, she looks forward to them.

13. My dad always thought we were good kids, my mom thought he was naive...but I think he knew that deep down we were!! :)

14. You know when my Dad is mad or frustrated because he inhales and makes a bit of a hissing sound...watch out!!

15. I had a hard time waking up in the mornings, my Dad went to drastic measures to get me out of bed. I can think of two...squirt bottle to the face, and slipper throwing...

I love you Dad!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Squirt bottle, slipper? That was me! Dad was the one that would gentley rub your sweet little feet!